We are always looking for great volunteers, interns, and board members!
Feel free to reach out and let us know of your interest. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greater Boston PFLAG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability or national origin.
There are many ways to get involved in Greater Boston PFLAG!
- Attend a chapter meeting support group.
- Join us at Youth Pride on the second Saturday in May. Help us support LGBT youth and their allies by cheering them on or staffing our literature table
- March with us in the Boston Pride Parade on the second Saturday in June. Or staff our literature table, sell merchandise, or answer questions.
- Help in our office with mailings for an hour or an afternoon.
- Volunteer to help at an event.
- Join one of our committees listed below.
The Board Affairs committee insures the continued health of the organization by recruiting and training new board members. It supports individual members, committees, committee chairs, and officers by facilitating communication, promoting team-building, and on-going education.
The Development/Fundraising committee guides the board and volunteers to raise money through direct solicitation and small-scale fundraisers such as house parties and events, and by identifying potential major donors. This committee organizes Greater Boston PFLAG’s annual Pride & Passion fundraiser and initiates new fundraising strategies to target different communities.
Marketing and Communications
The Marketing and Communications committee develops and maintains Greater Boston PFLAG’s branding/visual identity strategy. It facilitates communications with donors and increases public awareness of Greater Boston PFLAG and its programs through print and electronic media such as brochures, information cards, an annual report, a newsletter, a website, and email blasts. This committee also supports remote board/committee meetings through telephonic communications systems.
Program Support and Outreach
The Outreach committee supports the major Greater Boston PFLAG programs:
- Greater Boston PFLAG chapters
- Safe Schools and Communities Project
- Workplace support programs
- Elsie Frank Scholarship Program
This committee also informs a network of counseling professionals and social service organizations about Greater Boston PFLAG offerings. And it coordinates Greater Boston PFLAG’s one-to-one parent outreach and help-line volunteers.