Now Hiring for Finance and Development Admin
Finance and Development Administrator
Greater Boston PFLAG provides opportunity for dialogue about sexual orientation and gender identity, and acts to create a society that is healthy and respectful of human diversity. As our work in schools, workplaces and communities is blossoming we are looking to for an experienced finance professional to join our small but mighty team here in Waltham.
The Budget and Development Administrator of Greater Boston PFLAG will have overall responsibility of the day-to-day financial and back office operations of our non-profit office. If you are looking for a position where you can utilize your finance background to make an impact in the LGBTQ community keep reading!
The core duties are outlined below.
- Processing of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable,
and revenue (SalesForce) and quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Payroll processing for employees, 1099 processing for contractors,
and all supporting tracking and documentation.
- Liaison to Board Treasurer – prepare and provide documents, reports,
and information as needed
- Auditing, Taxes, Reporting and Insurance – fiscal year audits, workers compensation,
tax filings, payment processing, report preparation and filing
- Help coordinate and oversee actions of the Fundraising Committee work prior to
and during fundraising events – this may include soliciting vendors,
contract negotiations, securing auction items, processing donations,
training event staff, recording and documenting donations/grants
- Assist in the coordination and completion of all solicitation/ask letters
- Assist in the foundation/grant submission process as needed
Administration and Human Resources
- Maintain accurate, complete, and timely information on all donors.
Update information received from the President, Program Manager, Board Members,
USPS, and internet data searches to assure the most accurate data possible
- Upkeep and manage Greater Giving Auction Management Database
- Assist with on-boarding new hires and contractors, payroll processing, personnel records,
insurance and worker’s compensation filings and processing, tracking staff’s time-off/sick days
Skills required for this position include:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including a strong familiarity with Excel,
including graphics, de-duping, building spreadsheets, generating reports, etc
- Experience in budget monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software Online,
QuickBooks Payroll, and Paypal (preferred)
- Working knowledge of SalesForce (or other SQL databases) and ability to generate reports
- Working knowledge of Greater Giving Event Suite Software (preferred);
- Ability to work with the general public in a way that sets people at ease
and strengthens the reputation of Greater Boston PFLAG.
If you are prepared to make a difference, you want to work with a great group of colleagues, and you are prepared to jump in wherever/whenever needed please consider applying for this role.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Greater Boston PFLAG is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability or national origin.